Gawharshad > Values Statement
These following basic statements form the core values held by Gawharshad Institute of Higher Education for ensuring a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members of the campus community and for serving as a guide for our personal and collective behavior:
- We seek to foster open-mindedness, understanding, compassion and inclusiveness among individuals and groups.
- We are committed to ensuring freedom of expression and dialogue, in a respectful and civil manner, on the spectrum of views held by our varied and diverse campus communities.
- We value differences as well as commonalities and promote respect in personal interactions.
- We do not tolerate acts of discrimination, harassment, profiling or other conduct causing harm to individuals on the basis of expression of race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, religious beliefs, political preference or national origin, among other personal characteristics. Such conduct violates GIHE principles and values and may result in imposition of sanctions according to campus policies governing the conduct of students, staff and faculty.
- We acknowledge that modern societies carry historical and divisive biases based on race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability and religion, and we seek to promote awareness and understanding through education and research and to mediate and resolve conflicts that arise from these biases in our communities.
- We will partner. Our impact is wider and more enduring when we work with partners in government, multilateral organizations, business and civil society around the world.
- We believe in constant improvement. To achieve excellence in everything we do, we strive consistently to improve both our own work and the work of our colleagues.
- We innovate, learn and share whenever possible. We test new means of addressing challenges and incorporate lessons learned into future work. Whenever possible, we share our knowledge, techniques, experiences and resources that can help others.