Gawharshad > Computer Science Instructor
Computer Science Instructor
|Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
|Organization Name: Gawharshad University
||No. of Jobs: One
|Job Category: IT/Education
||Shift: Full time
|Employment Type: Permanent
||Experience: At least 3 years of teaching
|Salary: As per organization salary scale
||Start Date: 05. 10. 2017
|Position Title: Computer Science instructor
||Expiration Date: 05. 21. 2017
|Gender: Female / Male
|Contract Duration: One year (extendable)
The Computer Science and Information Technologies Department’s mission is to present our students with up-to-date curricula and pedagogy in the computer science and information technology disciplines, ensure that they have a solid foundation in the core concepts, equip them with problem solving and decision-making skills, and prepare them for lifelong learning in the discipline. The department provides for and encourages collegial, intellectual, and academic growth of its faculty.
Instructors’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing quality lesson plans according to the department objectives.
- Holding classes and conduct enhancement activities in accordance with the schedule and curriculum.
- Designing evaluation materials to properly assess students’ progress in accordance with the benchmarks established at the start of semester.
- Seeking to improve methodical and pedagogical skills through participation in seminars, lessons offered by visiting experienced colleagues, observing other instructors’ classes and self-directed professional development.
- To abide by and implement all policies, procedures and maintain the positive image of the University
- To contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of Gawharshad University and carry out all duties in the most effective, efficient and economic manner.
- Attend all functions and meetings necessary to support the delivery of the role and ensuring the value of Departments
- All instructors are expected to be punctual and observe normal working schedules in terms of working days/hours.
- Submit progress reports according to the schedule.
- Perform any other responsible duties as requested by the Head of Department/ CS Dean
- Holding PhD degree in Computer Science related fields
- Three years of successful teaching experience with Universities
- Holding international English certificates (IELTS with at least 6.0 score or TOFEL with 80 score)
- At least published two academic papers on international journals
- Holding international certificates related to Computer Science.
Applicants must submit their CVs electronically to the following email address:
Contact No: 0795519206
Subject line must be: GIHE-CS-
Closing date for this position is May 21.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted to set up written test and formal interviews.